ONTAP Hardware

FAS2020 network config with multiple vlan's

DACIAN_SICLOVAN

Hi

I'm new to netapp and i have a problem regarding the network configuration for a fas2020, hopefully i'm in the ringh discussion group

the fas2020 has 2 1gb ethernet interfaces per controller, and i have a network with four vlan's, and i want to access the netapp cifs

share from all vlan's, the share is already added to my domain though i cannot see or access the share except from one vlan, in which

the netapp interfaces are configured. Another problem is that the native vlan, vlan 1 is used troughout the factory (not a good idea but

i cannot change this anymore) and the 3com switches that we use cannot add a tag on a trunk port for vlan 1, so i cannot create trunk ports

and access the share from all vlans. I tried some ideas that i had creating vif's but no change, can anyone point me to a good direction

in how to configure the interfaces so that i can acces the share from all vlans?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

radek_kubka

Hi and welcome to the Community!

I think this should do the trick:

- create one vif (per controller) across both ports

- add all four VLANs to that vif (i.e. the same VLANs you have defined on your network)

Regards,
Radek

DACIAN_SICLOVAN

Hi

Thanks for the response, i've tried what you sugested but it does not work, the state of the interfaces showed up but i cannot

ping any address regardless of the vlan, there's something i'm missing here and i don't know yet what

Public