ONTAP Hardware

FAS2650 installation and configuration

adolphe

Please somme one can help me solve the issue wirh FAS2650: it is a new install FAS2650 and i can not ping a lif from a node. also have an error message

==> 12/23/2019 02:36:30 nasnanocm3allna1b
ERROR asup.post.drop: AutoSupport message (HA Group Notification from nasnanocm3allna1b (MANAGEMENT_LOG) NOTICE) was not posted to NetApp. The system will drop the message.
12/23/2019 02:00:00 nasnanocm3allna1b
ERROR monitor.shelf.warning: Fault reported on disk storage shelf attached to channel 0a. Check fans, power supplies, disks, and temperature sensors.
12/23/2019 01:36:19 nasnanocm3allna1b
ERROR asup.post.drop: AutoSupport message (HA Group Notification from nasnanocm3allna1b (PERFORMANCE DATA) NOTICE) was not posted to NetApp. The system will drop the message.
12/23/2019 01:00:00 nasnanocm3allna1b
ERROR monitor.shelf.warning: Fault reported on disk storage shelf attached to channel 0a. Check fans, power supplies, disks, and temperature sensors.

1 REPLY 1

Ontapforrum

Hi,

Which LIF you meant? cluster_mgmt_LIF ? New install...hmm, is the initial setup gone well ? Where are you with the current setup.

What these output show:
::>cluster show
::>network int show

To verify shelf errors reported, use these commands: [Can you connect directly to console]

::> node run -node nasnanocm3allna1b
nasnanocm3allna1b>environment status shelf 0a

Look for keyword 'with error', under healthy conditions, it should say 'none'.

Ask someone to physically examine if the PSU's power cable is properly plugged-in, if everything is in place, just raise a ticket with NetApp.

Usually, if any component "fails", in such cases there is automatic case generated for PSU replacement. However, it seems the system is not yet fully configured "((MANAGEMENT_LOG) NOTICE) was not posted to NetApp."

Thanks!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public