ONTAP Hardware

FC Initiator Changes After Headswap

victorcharlesedwards

Hi All,

What steps are required to properly move onboard FC initiators to an FC HBA during a headswap migration?  We're replacing our FAS3040 (four onboard FC  ports) with a FAS3240 (two onboard FC ports), and while I'll be physically moving the four onboard initiator ports to a new FC HBA, I'm unsure how to properly update the system to recognize this change (i.e. instead of 0a it'll be 3a, 0b -> 3b..etc). Here is what my 'fcadmin config' shows currently:

old_filer> fcadmin config

Local  

Adapter Type      State                  Status

---------------------------------------------------

0a   initiator  CONFIGURED             online

0b   initiator  CONFIGURED             online

0c   initiator  CONFIGURED             online

0d   initiator  CONFIGURED             online

We're currently running 8.0.2 7-mode in a cluster (two filers) with double paths.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

For initiator, no change needed... ONTAP figures it out.  From maintenance mode after you reassign disks, destroy mailbox local/partner and release disks it will just work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

scottgelb

For initiator, no change needed... ONTAP figures it out.  From maintenance mode after you reassign disks, destroy mailbox local/partner and release disks it will just work.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public