ONTAP Hardware

HOW TO CHECK THE CURRENT RAID GROUP SIZE

NAYABRASOOL

Hi All, 

I have two RAID GROUPS in my filer rg0 & rg1 and now i wanted to know what is the current RAID SIZE in order to add new disks to as i am using SAS disks which has limitation of 28disks per RG, Please help me to check the raid group size currenlty.

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

I also like "sysconfig -V"  uppercase V which shows the number of disks per raid group...saves time from having to count

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

LTDCLSERGAO

Hi,

aggr options aggr_name

aborzenkov

It shows maximum group size, not actual. To see current raid group configuration: “aggr status -r aggr-name”.

scottgelb

I also like "sysconfig -V"  uppercase V which shows the number of disks per raid group...saves time from having to count

View solution in original post

aborzenkov

Thank you! Did not even know about this option before ☺

scottgelb

I saw a customer use it a while ago and thought…wish I knew that before J It doesn’t sort by raid group though so they are in odd random order…but still a nice way to see raid group sizes and if all equal in size.

NAYABRASOOL

I dont know this option and i have added a new disk shelf which ended as disaster below

I have not observed as we have 3 RG's of RG0 = 16 Disks , RG1 = 16 Disks , RG2 = 8 Disks , as today only i have seen this i wondered how come this happened as i was thinking like Ontap will not create a New RG until the older one reached maximum , Now can anybody tell me if i can move all 8 Disks from RG2 to RG1.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public