ONTAP Hardware

How many HBA Ports do I need to make a loop, I have a FAS3140 Active/Active and shelves DS14mk4 FC???

jesuscruzj

How many HBA Ports do I need to make a loop, I have a FAS3140 Active/Active and shelves DS14mk4 FC???

4 REPLIES 4

aborzenkov

Technically it will work with a single initiator port in every head; but it is highly recommended to have two ports in every head for MP-HA (MultiPath-HighAvailability) cabling. If this is a new system, it should be already configured and delivered with MP-HA from factory.

radek_kubka

Hi,

You actually request this when ordering, so a new system can be shipped either with or without MP-HA cabling.

So for a single loop it will be:

- 1 port per controller for non-MP-HA cabling

- 2 ports per controller for MP-HA cabling

Regards,

Radek

aborzenkov

You actually request this when ordering, so a new system can be shipped either with or without MP-HA cabling

IIRC for a couple of months only MP-HA systems can be ordered

radek_kubka

Yep, fair enough - there has been a change to quoting tool which I previously missed: MP-HA box now cannot be un-ticked when building 3000 series system; interestingly enough the MP-HA option isn't forced on 2000 boxes (although comment remains the same that MP-HA is required for A/A systems).

Thanks,

Radek

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public