ONTAP Hardware

How to connect a FAS2050

it_4

Hi,

I haven't installed our FAS2050, and I'm trying to double check my installation. Is there a document which explain how to physicaly connect a FAS 2050 to a switch ?

My FAS2050 has 2 controllers, on each of these controller I see 4 "ethernet" connector.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but starting from left to right I have:

1 Console port (a)

1 Management port (b)

1 ethernet port (c)

1 ethetnet port (d)

For now, I have

(a) nothing connected to the console port (seems normal for me),

(b) nothing connected to the management port (seems weird),

(c) 1 ethernet port is connect to my dedicated SAN/NAS switch (seems ok for me), my ESX NFS VMkernel are also connected on this switch

(d) 1 ethernet port is connect to my LAN for managment (seems wrong)

I think (d) should be connected on (b), am I right ? It seems that I use one of my ethernet port has a managment port, instead of using the "real" management port !!!

If the "real" management port (second on the left) has to be connected to my LAN, how do I reconfigure this ?

My goal is to team the 2 ports (on the right) of the FAS, to get better performance. I'm surprise that one of these port has been configured as a mamagement port.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jb2cool01

If it was me i'd do the following (Very similar to your thoughts).

Port a = Leave empty (I myself use this instead of the BMC and have it going into a local server)

Port b = Connected into management LAN (Set this up by running bmc setup command).

Ports c & d = Create a VIF for (teamed NIC usage)

tatlee

Please refer to the attached setup info, or should call the CE for H/W installation.

Regards,

Terrence

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public