ONTAP Hardware

Issues with accessing shares on a FAS270

mvalpreda

Have an old FAS270 at a customer that we are trying to decommission. Having an issue with accessing the volumes. Can get into FilerView and see the volumes, but cannot get to them from a Windows machine. Going to \\fas270 says 'The account is not authorized to log in from this station.'

I think this old device is using WINS for resolution/authentication and there is no WINS on this network. If I do a domain controller test, it fails.

I would like to move this to local users if I can just to get the rest of the data off, but I don't see anywhere in the device to set up local users.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

2 REPLIES 2

mbeattie

Hi,

The reason you are unable to access the CIFS shares might be related to client side security configuration.

https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/error-message-the-account-is-not-authorized-to-log-in-from-this-station

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

aborzenkov

You forgot to say what Data ONTAP version you are using. In 7G local users are managed by useradmin command; I do not remember earlier versions.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public