ONTAP Hardware

Just retired my last 7 mode box

pippen23

Today, we retired our last 7 mode box, fun trying to remember commands to 4a a 3240, un assign disks in maint mode. Has me wondering, who else still has 7 mode systems running ? in production ?

Am I late to the part, on time, or early ?

3 REPLIES 3

AlexDawson

Our exact customer base and market progression is a matter for SEC reporting, but I can say that the vast majority of systems reporting to ActiveIQ/Autosupport are not running 7-Mode ONTAP now. That said, some customers run our systems in production for many many years - there are systems from the early 2000s still reporting in, but only a handful.

GidonMarcus

still have 4  8.1 7- mode HA's that refuse to die.... (well management can't decide what they want to do with the data)

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

TMADOCTHOMAS

We have six 2220s in small offices still on 7-mode, 8.2.5P1. We are actively working on transitioning these offices in 2019.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public