ONTAP Hardware

Maximum array LUNs for V-Series models

druddle00

Hello,

Is there a document or does someone know the maximum number of array LUNs that can be presented to the different model V-Series ?  I saw on the website it gives a max capacity that includes LUNs and disks but not a split for LUNs only.  Looked in the TR and i couldnt find the information there.

Dave

3 REPLIES 3

slusnia

The number of backend devices that can be supported on a V-Series controller is listed in the V-Series support matrix under Lun Connectivity  on NOW.

For example, a V3170 can support 840 devices.  These devices can be either storage array LUNs, NetApp disks or a combination of both but not exceeding 840 – for a V3170 or V3170HA controller.

druddle00

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help.  Does that number change with ONTAP8, or is that not the limiting factor ?

Dave

isaacs

Hi Dave,

The number of devices supported by given HA pair of V-Series controllers does not change with ONTAP version.  What may change is the max capacity, which is *generally* [max # of devices * the max device size (2TB currently)].  Of course, no assumptions should be made, and the Support matrix should be consulted for certainty.

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/V-Series/supportmatrix/V-Series_SupportMatrix.pdf

Thanks!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public