I have a FAS3240 8.1.2 7-mode separate in 2 enclosures. Only two onboard SAS ports 0a and 0b.
I want to connect within only one stack:
- One DS4243 IOM3 24x SATA 2TB
- One DS4243 IOM3 24x SAS 600GB
- One DS4246 IOM6 24xSATA 3TB
- One DS2246 IOM6 24xSAS 1.2TB
I can mix SAS and SATA in the same stack, but with only one single transition between SATA and SAS. Not best practice, but supported.
So I connected DS4243 SAS first, then DS2246 SAS, and after DS4246 SATA and finaly DS4243 SATA.
In ConfigAdvisor 3.3.0, I have warring message: I cannot mix IOM3 and IOM6 in the same port 0a, or with only single transition between IOM3 andIOM6. It's not recommended!
But in my case, I can follow only one of the both recommendations:
1) SAS IOM3 =>SAS IOM6 => SATA IOM6 => SATA IOM3. But their is two transitions between IOM3 and IOM6.
2) Or I can configure SAS IOM3 =>SATA IOM3 =>SATA IOM6 =>SAS IOM3, but their is two transitions between SAS and SATA.
Can I keep my actual configuration 1) ?
Is there performance impact or any issue in the future?
Thanks for your help
See The Solution
Finaly, I bought 2 SAS HBA to add SAS ports on the FAS3240 and create a new stack with the new IOM6 shelves.
View solution in original post
Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!
Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to conﬁguration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.