I'll have to setup a FAS3240 7-Mode with HA. I've experience with only CDOT and unfortunately not 7-Mode.
This 7-Mode HA will be used for a backup repository with ISCSI with 4 Gbs ports that will be used as a teaming LACP on each controller.
- Do you have a procedure with command lines for this kind of setup setup ? I've read someting about host and RC files.
- How many ISCSI lifs should be created for that ? 1 on each controler ? Same subnet ? Any idea of the max size of LUNs ?
- is it necessary to have vFiler ? Only ISCSI will be used.
Best would be to have a kind of to do like I have with CDOT systems.
Good end of week-end !
See The Solution
1) Most of the basics can be done through System Manager. You can download it.
2) I believe 1 is fine. It only has HA failover, so the only thing you need to do is make sure the partner statements exist in the rc file for the "ifconfig" statements.
3) https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting%2FData_Storage_Software%2FONTAP_OS%2FWhat_is_the_maximum_size_to_which_a_LUN_can_be_resized <--answer should be here
Also documentation links: https://mysupport.netapp.com/documentation/docweb/index.html?productID=61599&language=en-US (yes 3250, but a lot is applicable).
View solution in original post
In case you're not already aware, the FAS3240 has passed its End of Support date and is no longer supported by NetApp.
Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!
Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to conﬁguration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.