ONTAP Hardware

Oracle Solaris 10 VMWare to iSCSI on NetAPP fas3240

STCCHC_ORG

We're currently creating a Solaris 10 VM to take over for an existing, failing Oracle server.  This server holds a 300+GB database on an iSCSI LUN, currently attached to by a physical server.  My biggest concern is getting enough throughput back to the NetApp from VMWare, and my lack of knowledge in all 3 areas is kind of biting me in the rear right now. (I'm mostly a switching/windows/DOS, yes, DOS guy)  The current server has an LACP trunk through 4 1Gb NIC's to an HP switch, a trunk of 4 1 Gb NIC's to each ESXi server, and an LACP trunk of 4 1Gb NIC's to each NetApp controller.  My question is basically this:  In the VM version, I currently have 2 VMXNET 3 adapters installed.  Will one VMXNET 3 adapter handle the amount of traffic that the 4 trunked NIC's can do?  Or do I need to somehow create 4 NIC's on the VM as well and trunk them together?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

1 REPLY 1

christin

Hi Jason,

This sounds like a support related question. If you have an active NetApp Support login, there are subject matter experts in the NetApp Support Community that may help answer your questions.

If this is an urgent issue please open a case with NetApp Technical Support.

Regards,

Christine

Public