ONTAP Hardware

Proper 10GbE SFP+ GBIC for the FAS2600 series?

nhwanderer

The Cisco DAC cables that the VAR/NetApp specified with our FAS2620 are not compatible with our HP/Aruba ProCurve switching. To get everything to work, we'll need to go with optical transceivers on both sides. I'm working with our VAR and NetApp sales/se staff, but want to confirm that the correct 10GbE GBICs on the NetApp side for this sytem are the x6589-R6, and that the Avago AFBR-709SMZ-NA2 is the right part, and see if anyone has experience hooking these GBICs up to ProCurve switching. 

We're attaching these up via standard TCP/IP 10Gb ethernet to the HP/Aruba ProCurve switches with J9150a 10Gb SFP+ adapters on the ProCurve side. Cabling is LC 50/125, and the optics are SR MMF on the ProCurve end.

I've just got the system in, and am getting them registered, so I don't have access to HWU yet.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andris
That's the right part. I can't vouch for Procurve, but optical SR usually isn't problem with the right SFP's on both ends.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AlexDawson

Just a heads up - while X6589 may be the part, there is no warrant that it will be the same Avago SFP - in many cases we use OEM diversity, so it may be filled by a functionally identical part from a different OEM.

andris
That's the right part. I can't vouch for Procurve, but optical SR usually isn't problem with the right SFP's on both ends.

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public