ONTAP Hardware

Redundant Controller Question

fairbanksf

I'm trying to configure a FAS2040 with dual controllers that hold 4 network ports each.

I've enabled controller failover with the "cf enable" command.  And I've configured multi-mode/IP load balacing on the one controller.  My question is how do I configure the network interfaces on the 2nd controller to take over if the first controller fails?  Or will this all happen automatically and all I need to do is plug 4 network cables into the 2nd controller.  I don't see a second controller anywhere in the web gui and I'm digging through troves of documentation without much luck.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

aborzenkov

Ifconfig my-if partner partner-if

MADHAVARAJU

You can also do by "setup" command , While setting up the initial configuration it will ask for partner vif name for failover purpose ( refer below )

should interface vif01(primary virtual interface name) takeover a partner IP address during failover ? : yes

Please enter the partner virtual interface name to be taken over by vif01 (primary virtual interface name) :   (give the partner virtual interface name)

you need to change this values in both the controllers

There will be separate IP for second controller , you need to log in through that IP

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public