ONTAP Hardware

Single Path HA to Duel Path HA

dorseyfoga

We currently have a setup with a FAS2050 that's a dual head single enclosure with 1 shelf of SAS and 5 disks of SATA (Plus internal storage).  Right now everything is setup as single path HA and it appears that we should be able to go dual path HA without a problem.  The current setup as put in place before my time here and for what ever reason the SAS shelf was setup seperatly from the rest of the shelves.

Anyways, I have created a Visio drawing (It's not the best in the world, but you should get the point) that I will attatch here.  It's shows what the configuration currently looks like and how I think it should look.  I just want to know if there is a problem with compatability between the two different controllers (SATA shelves have AT-FCX controllers and the SAS has EHS4 controler).

We are running 7.3.5.1 on both heads.

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aborzenkov

You can’t mix SAS and AT-FCX shelves on one loop.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

aborzenkov

You can’t mix SAS and AT-FCX shelves on one loop.

View solution in original post

dorseyfoga

Sounds good.  I found a page this morning that told me that.  Too bad I didn't find it last week...

Anyways, thank you.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public