ONTAP Hardware

Some disks are not discovered on DS14-MK2

gokhancakir

Hi Everybody,

When i attach DS14-MK2 shelf to fas3040 controller, i can't see all disk. Storage can't recognize all disk. I can see all disk in "storage show shelf" commands output. but some disk looking not OK. and looking BYP/SELF. dou you know what is the mean BYP/SELF ? What i must to do for successfully recognize all attached disk by controller?

you can see screenshot as a attachment...

thanks.

Gokhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gokhancakir

Thanks for reply olson. i figure out it with changing IOM speed to 2 Gbit. there are X275  model disk type and X275 disks not supporting 4gbit speed.

thanks.

Gokhan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

olson

So a few things here,

If this is a production system open a support case. If this is not production Next make sure the version of DOT is compatible with that hardware. Reseat all components can verify the state of the problem does not change.  Next Ensure the module firmware is up to date and the disk qual file is current. Swapping the A to B modules can provide insight if the issue is with the module or something else. 

Hope this helps

John

gokhancakir

Thanks for reply olson. i figure out it with changing IOM speed to 2 Gbit. there are X275  model disk type and X275 disks not supporting 4gbit speed.

thanks.

Gokhan

Public