Recently one of our customer has purchase the FAS70 with 2 Qty of DS212C shelf... Now we want to do the connectivity from controller to shelf.. for which I am referring this document : https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-systems/fas-70-90/install-cable.html#step-4-cable-the-shelf-connections . In this document it has show connetivity from FAS70 to 2 Qty of DS460C.. Referring the I have prepared the document which I have attached. But while also going through netapp website : https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap-systems/sas3/install-cabling-rules.html#controller-a-and-c-port-connection-rules-for-platforms-without-internal-storage .. I got this image (Attached). Now i am confused which connecivity i should use? Attached PDF it is created by me by taking reference of NetApp docs (FAS70 to 2 Qty of DS460C shelf connecivity) and attached image is again from NetApp docs only. Please someone help here.
With only Qty: 2 DS212C shelves to attach to the FAS70, you would cable the two shelves in a single stack.
The "Option 3: Two DS460C shelves" tab in the FAS70 document is showing how you cable each DS460C in its own stack.
The attached diagram is showing 2 stacks of shelves with 2 shelves in each stack.
For your situation, you would cable the 2 x DS212C shelves using the "blue" on the left side.