EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

Reset administrator account or factory reset

MattParfitt

I recieved a new NetApp E2812 and have used QuickConnect to do the inital configuration. I then connected it to our network and have tried to upgrade firmware and other tasks. For some reason the Administrator password that I set during the QuickConnect configuration is not being accepeted.

How do I reset this password? Or reset the NetApp back to defaults?

I have connected to the NetApp Controller A by console cable and it's just showing 'eos-a login:'. I've tried logging into this with credentials but no joy. 

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MattParfitt

The resolution for me turned out to be really simple, I needed to use the username admin and not Administrator.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

SpindleNinja

The only doc I could find on resetting the admin password on an eseries is internal.  Could just be faster for you open a support ticket.   

The quick setup on the 2800 series is just admin and you set the password.     

MattParfitt

I have raised a support case. Hopefully they get back to me soon. Do you know how to factory reset?

SpindleNinja

You need console access with a valid login.     There's no button on it or anything. 

MattParfitt

I have console access. It's asking for an eos-a login? I've tried the password I created in the QuickConnect but that didn't work. Are there default credentials for this? I've searched everything for what the eos-a login could be and it's not mentioned anywhere. 

dhazevedo

hello guys, did anyone have an answer on how to reset the admin password?

MattParfitt

The resolution for me turned out to be really simple, I needed to use the username admin and not Administrator.

dhazevedo

ok using admin user what would be the password? because the client forgot the password he set and needed to know which procedure to recover

maffo

Hi @dhazevedo 

please raise a support case to have the password reset

Public