Simulator Discussions

Learning Netapp

BradGillies

Hello

Today I picked up a used Netapp FAS270.  I know it is an older out of support unit but it functions and wass recently removed from a live environment.

It was completely wiped so I have no access to it at the moment.  My plan was to use this tied to a couple of used servers to learn network setup infrastructure.  Since the company I currently work for supplied the servers and uses Netapp Equipment i figured this would be a good move since it is close to what my work uses so learning it would have advantages.

Problem is I cannot obtain the licences and OnTap software to set up the unit.  

Is it possible to get evaluation licences or something for personal use or the like?  Otherwise its just a paperweight...aVERY heavy paperweight.

1 REPLY 1

Ontapforrum

If the filer had correct entitlement, and you/anyone who belongs to company that owned the filer with valid support account. Then you can find the Existing licenses on the NetApp Support Site under "Systems -> Software Licenses" to search for existing licenses.

If there are any issues with obtaining existing licenses via the NetApp Support Site, open a Non-Technical Case with NetApp for assistance.

Agree with you, without license, it’s a very heavy paper-weight 😉

Public