Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

GET-ACL Command in WFA Fails for CIFS Shares across security zones

raj_shrivastava11

Hi Team,

I am facing an issue here with my WFA Workflow. I have a GET-ACL command to get ACls from a CIFS Share.

This works perfectly fine when my WFA and vServer where CIFS Share reside is in same security zone. But across different security zone, this workflow fails saying CIFS Share not found. 

When i run same steps on Powershell CLI it works fine.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbeattie

Hi Raj,

Are you running the WFA server services as an Active Directory user (service account) or as the default local system account? If it works in the security context of your AD user account then is there a difference to the security context that WFA is running as? Note that if you change the WFA services to run as an AD user then that user MUST be a member of the local administrators.

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mbeattie

Hi Raj,

Are you running the WFA server services as an Active Directory user (service account) or as the default local system account? If it works in the security context of your AD user account then is there a difference to the security context that WFA is running as? Note that if you change the WFA services to run as an AD user then that user MUST be a member of the local administrators.

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

raj_shrivastava11

Thanks a lot Matt. Yes i had same setup in my LAB where i had my Admin ID as Log-On Accout for WFA Service but i did that as i was getting authentication Error.

Here it was showing me connection error. However it has worked now.

Thanks again for your help

Public