Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Volume space

Atish1

Hi All,

Volume has breachedd 80% used percent space. To improve performance of system, we have to reduce volume size. The current usage of the aggregate aggr1_2 is 87%. We plan to move something to reduce the percentage of the aggr1_2. Please suggest how should we proceed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Haseeb

You would just copy the data to a different volume and remove it on the one that is full.
There is no feature that does that automatically.
Since both volume and aggregate have reached capacity you'd need to add more storage capacity to resolve these issues or offload data to a different cluster. Shrinking the volume used capacity ultimately is not possible without removing data. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Haseeb

Hello,

Are you trying to reduce the volume used capacity on a volume hosted with ontap?
It's not clear whether you've breached the 80% on the Volume and the aggregate or just the volume or just the aggregate? If the aggregate is at 87% then you may need to extend it. If the volume is at 80% you could try to offload some data to a different volume or extend it. Are there any other aggregates available?  

Atish1

Hi,
Thank you for your reply!
Yes, I am trying to reduce the volume used capacity on a volume hosted with ontap. Both Volume and aggregate has breached. There is other aggregate present but it has also exceeded the threshold. How can I offload data to different volume as I cannot extend the volume ?

Cluster02::> df -h -x -A
Aggregate total used avail capacity
aggr0_10 3179GB 3027GB 152GB 95%
aggr0_20 3179GB 3027GB 152GB 95%
aggr1_10 173TB 139TB 33TB 81%
aggr1_20 173TB 152TB 20TB 88%
4 entries were displayed.

Haseeb

You would just copy the data to a different volume and remove it on the one that is full.
There is no feature that does that automatically.
Since both volume and aggregate have reached capacity you'd need to add more storage capacity to resolve these issues or offload data to a different cluster. Shrinking the volume used capacity ultimately is not possible without removing data. 

Atish1

We are thinking about using snapmirror on cluster2. Once snapmirror is performed. We will delete the cluster1 volume.

Public