2013-04-18 10:39 AM
I'm trying to discover the best and fast way to clone, copy or snapmirror one source volume to multiple volumes.
- Volume containing 1 LUN with 200GB - /vol/vol_01/lun_01 on Controller A
- Host Solaris 10 with Snapdrive
What I Need - All can and should happen on the same controller A and on the same aggr0
- Create a snapshot/copy of /vol/vol_01/lun_01 with only read rights and present this lun like LUN_00
- Create 4 clones with READ and WRITE rights of LUN_01 to a new volume/lun like this: /vol/vol_02/lun_02, /vol/vol_03/lun_03, /vol/vol_04/lun_04, /vol/vol_05/lun_05
- Present all 4 LUN clones to the same host
- Delete all 4 clones every night and make the clones again, so I need to automate the process.
I know that have many questions and probably different problems in this scenario
Thanks in advance!