Subscribe

SME 6.0.2R1 with E2K10 DAG

[ Edited ]

I'm finding the SME Admin guide a bit lacking on DAGs.  Could someone tell me if I need to run the configuration wizard on all DAG members or just one of them.  From the guide all that I can glean is that I need to have SME installed on all members.

Thanks,

Casey

Re: SME 6.0.2R1 with E2K10 DAG

Hi Casey and welcome to the Community!

Yes, you need to install SME on all DAG nodes and from what I remember you also need to run the configuration wizard on all of them - it's not a very long or complex process though!

Regards,
Radek

Thanks Radek - figured as much.  I'm continuously having an issue getting SME configured.  When running the configuration wizard on my 2 DAG nodes it always fails on the section for dismounting the database.  I get the following Error:

" Failed to configure Exchange for running SnapManager.

Error Code: 0xc00414b7: Failed to migration storage group/database using Exchange PowerShell cmdlets. Please check SnapManager report for details."

The SnapManager report shows the same message.

Any ideas?

Radek Kubka wrote:

Hi Casey and welcome to the Community!

Yes, you need to install SME on all DAG nodes and from what I remember you also need to run the configuration wizard on all of them - it's not a very long or complex process though!

Regards,
Radek

Not sure whether this is the reason for this error, but are you running the configuration wizard against DAG instance, rather than individual node?

I sure am but according to the other posts, it appears that's what is supposed to be done.  I was a little confused by that because I am running Storage Groups actively on both nodes.  I'll give it a try against the individual nodes and respond back.

OK, so now reading back what I wrote I see it could be confusing!

You *should* run wizard against DAG instance and *not* against individual nodes.

I thought so!  What appears to be happening during the Configuration Wizard process is that right after the logs are copied an exchange cmdlet is run to dismount the store.  The store gets dismounted correctly but the process fails afterwards and throws the error above.

Just to be clear, prior to starting the configuration wizard from one DAG node against the DAG Instance name I see all the Stores mounted in the Exchange management console as mounted (on the active node)-healthy (on the passive node).  I have Storage Groups EDB1 through EDB9 and they stager nodes actively/passively.  I start the Configuration Wizard first on the node that holds EDB1 actively it fails the same way if I start it on the passive.

I've clear the SM reports and I'm running again.  I'll post the sections where the config process starts failing.  Hopefully that will help

I'm not totally positive but I think it may be a space issue on the LUN where SME is attempting to move the log files as I'm seeing an error in the SME report relating to WMI and Quota Violations.  I've increased the space so we'll see what happens but this begs the question....how does one truncate the exchange log files without a backup program prior to installing and configuring SME.  I suppose that question isn't posed a lot because most SME installs are done before moving mailboxes to the servers but I'm doing a cross forest replication/migration!

OK - My issues have nothing to do with a lack of disk space.  Starting to get really frustrated at this software.  May have to just call support.

[CH02PD125] [CH01PD125] [PowerShell Cmdlet Error]: Move-DatabasePath is not allowed for replicated databases. For detailed steps to change the location of a replicated database, see the Help file topic, Move the Mailbox Database Path for a Mailbox Database Copy.

[CH01PD125] Error Code: 0xc00414b7

Failed to migration storage group/database using Exchange PowerShell cmdlets. Please check SnapManager report for details.

[CH02PD125] [CH01PD125] Failed to configure active database copy.

[CH01PD125] Error Code: 0xc00414b7

Failed to migration storage group/database using Exchange PowerShell cmdlets. Please check SnapManager report for details.

[CH02PD125] Migrate Db On Active Copy: returned error hr=0xc00414b7

[CH02PD125] Error Code: 0xc00414b7

[CH02PD125] SnapManager database migration for DAG/CCR failed on the passive node CH01PD125.