EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

E2812 Controller reseat failed

schmil

I had a controller which lost Web UI access, but was pingable and has SSH Access.

The second controller works fine. I have reseated the controller but am not able to bring it back online. No ping, Web UI doesn't recognize the controller and 7-digit display shows SE-88 which should be "Power-on default".

What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6

elementx

Well, the KB says to contact Support it may be a h/w issue and require a replacement at this point.

https://kb.netapp.com/onprem/E-Series/Hardware/E-Series_controller_offline_startup_error_power_on_default_SE_88

JonKeck5999

I would agree, if you have done all steps in the kb, then you will need to call support as it is likely a hardware issue. I will say, if you can reseat the battery and the external HIC(if it has one) following the process in the kb that might resolve your issue.

https://kb.netapp.com/onprem/E-Series/Hardware/E-Series_baseboard_HIC_controller_offline_with_7-segment_SE_88 

schmil

I have done the following:

uncabled Controller

pulled controller

removed battery pack

inserted battery pack

inserted controller.

Now it shows "00" but isn't able to put online in SANtricity. 😕

JonKeck5999

Are you receiving a specific message when you try to online via SANtricity? It is likely you will need to submit a support case so we can take a look at why the controller wont come online. It sounds like it may need a controller replacement but NetApp support should determine that to be sure.

schmil
Hi,

messages are various:

Drive Shelf - Loss od Path Redundancy

Volume Not On Prefered Path

Controller Offline

Write-Back Cacheing Forcibly Disabled

Sadly I cannot open a support case, because I have to register the Device in
"My Systems" but my Chassis S/N from SANtricity, 12 digits, won't be
accepted:

Serial Number(s) not valid: (721749500073).
<>ister_our_Shelf_serial_numbers> Shelf Serial Numbers do not have to be
registered.

Kind Regards

schmil

Hi,

we've checked with serial cable that during boot the flash was unreadable. Now we've checked the internal M-SATA flash with an M-SATA to USB Adapter on the PC and we didn't get any data out of it.

If we now order a new M-SATA Flash, what can we do regarding FW/Image/Partition etc.?

Public