Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

NetApp PowerShell Toolkit 4.4 released!

Arpit_Kasliwal

Dear PowerShell community,

We are glad to announce the release of NetApp PowerShell Toolkit version 4.4. This unified release only has enhancements for ONTAP modules and we have kept SANtricity module as same as last release.

ONTAP PowerShell Module:
The latest release adds upto 2100 cmdlets and provides maximum API coverage for ONTAP 9.2 and is backward compatible with previous ONTAP releases.

Download the PowerShell Toolkit 4.4 from here

Regards,
NetApp PowerShell Toolkit Team

25 REPLIES 25

Jim_Robertson

But, @asulliva, I thought we determined that those commands don't give us accurate version numbers?  For example, I installed PSTK v4.5 yesterday, and it's still telling me it's v4.3:

PS E:\Powershell> Get-Module -ListAvailable

Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\NetApp PowerShell Toolkit\Modules

ModuleType Version    Name                                ExportedCommands
---------- -------    ----                                ----------------
Manifest   4.3.0      DataONTAP                           {Add-NaAggr, Confirm-NaAggrSpareLow, Get-NaAggrMediaScrub, Get-NaAggrFilerInfo...}
Manifest   1.2        NetApp.SANtricity.PowerShell        {Get-NeCredential, New-NeCredential, Get-NeAbout, Get-NeSslconfigExport...}

PS E:\Powershell> Get-Module DataONTAP

ModuleType Version    Name                                ExportedCommands
---------- -------    ----                                ----------------
Manifest   4.3.0      DataONTAP                           {Add-NaAggr, Add-NaCifsShare, Add-NaCredential, Add-NaFpolicyExtension...}

PS E:\Powershell> Get-NaToolkitVersion

Major  Minor  Build  Revision
-----  -----  -----  --------
4      3      0      0

asulliva

You are correct...the ONTAP and E-Series modules have versions which do not match the PowerShell Toolkit version.  This is because the PSTK's version is increased when any of it's component modules are updated.

Unfortunately, there is no matrix of PSTK version X = ONTAP module version Y and SANtricity module version Z.  The best I can recommend is that you check for the ONTAP module version and simply ensure that it is the same as the version in the currently released PSTK.

Hope that helps, and apologies for the confusion!

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

MAHESH1111111

Hi Andrew - I was using V3.2 Powershell Toolkit and just downloaded 4.4 and upgraded to it. When i run the Get-Module DataOntap - it somehow still loaded the V3.2. So, I went under Control Panel - uninstalled both the versions and re-installed 4.4

After the installation I tried to import the Module but the "Import-Module -ListAvailable" does not even show the DataOntap Module existed, when I checked the path it was present under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Netapp\NetApp PowerShell Toolkit\Modules\DataONTAP

But when I check the PS path, above path does not show:

PS P:\> $Env:PSModulePath
C:\Users\mpulipa\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Micros
oft SQL Server\110\Tools\PowerShell\Modules\;C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\P
owerShell\ResourceManager\AzureResourceManager\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\PowerShell\ServiceManagement\;C:\Program F
iles (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\PowerShell\Storage;

I tried different commands to add my path to the Global variable but the command didnt make any changes to it and returned the same old paths:

$originalpaths = (Get-ItemProperty -Path ‘Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment’ -Name PSModulePath).PSModulePath

$newPath=$originalpaths+’;C:\Program Files (x86)\Netapp\NetApp PowerShell Toolkit\Modules\DataONTAP\’

PS P:\> Set-ItemProperty -Path ‘Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment’ -Name PSModulePath –Value $newPath

Can you please help!

Stevetanti

Hi,

As Microsoft (well, Jeffery Snover actually) have said that it is extremely unlikely Microsoft will release another version of PowerShell beyond v5.1 (and if they did, it'd only be a minor bug-fix release) and that all future development will be for PowerShell Core, what is the roadmap for the NetApp tools' compatibility with PowerShell & .Net Core?

This is a very important question and one that I hope the NetApp PowerShell toolkit team have already begun planning for.

Cheers,

Steve

Public