NetApp Learning Services Discussions

NS0-507

GerarCR

Hi!

Has anyone already taken the NS0-507 exam?   What is the passing score? Can´t find any info about this.

Also, any study recommendations?

Regards,

Gerardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GregH

I wanted to respond to one of Gerardo's previous questions above about publishing our exam passing scores.

While NetApp has not published the passing scores for any of our exams since I joined in 2015, I did not know why this was the case. Since I received Gerardo's question, I've been doing some research regarding this as well as making some updates. The updates went live today.

I'm happy to say that we now publish our passing score along with the number of items on each exam. This information can be found on each individual certification page on www.netapp.com/certification, specifically on the Exam tab.

My apologies in the delay to my response, but I wanted to ensure that the information was live on our webpage before responding.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Greg Hyman

NetApp Certification and Accreditation Program Manager

ghyman@netapp.com

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

GregH

Hello Gerardo,

Multiple individuals have already taken the NS0-507, but we do not publish the passing score. You can find recommended preparation here: http://www.netapp.com/us/services-support/university/certification/ncie-san/ncie-san-prepare.aspx.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Greg Hyman

GerarCR

Hi GregH,

Thanks for your response.

What is the reason for not publishing the passing score? I´m curious about this, I have never taken an exam without knowing the passing score in my entire life...

Regards,

Gerardo

colsen

Hello,

I haven't taken the NCIE SAN test (planning on it at Insight this year if I can) but I passed the NS0-511 last Fall.  I'm taking the same approach for studying for the NCIE SAN that I did for the data protection test:

• Review the content on the link Greg Hyman sent - take whatever free/CBT training you can
  • Take the practice exam and take notes on each of the technology concepts discussed in the questions.  Then deep-dive into those concepts using the ONTAP 9 documentation center, reviewing KBs, etc.
  • Focus on areas I don't have direct experience with.  In the NS0-511, I had no background on Metrocluster (my organization just doesn't use it) so I had to really get up to speed there.  With the NS0-507 I'm going to have to study FC on NetApp (we only do NFS and iSCSI) - I've done FC with HP arrays in the past, but a lot of that material will be new to me.
  • Look at the ILT classes available - I've not taken many, but I will create a study guide out of the course outline (again, focusing on areas I'm weak on).

In the end, the tests have proven to be pretty "solid" insofar as not being tricky or having dumb/poisoned questions.  The teams working on the test materials have done a great job.  My only gripe with the NS0-511 was that it had a ton of questions on SnapProtect which I really didn't expect.  I failed on my first take so I had to cram on that information - knowing full well the product was already being deprecated...

Hope that helps!

Chris

GerarCR

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response!  Seems like a good approach for studying the materials.

Regards,

Gerardo

@colsen_lanl_gov wrote:

Hello,

I haven't taken the NCIE SAN test (planning on it at Insight this year if I can) but I passed the NS0-511 last Fall.  I'm taking the same approach for studying for the NCIE SAN that I did for the data protection test:

• Review the content on the link Greg Hyman sent - take whatever free/CBT training you can
  • Take the practice exam and take notes on each of the technology concepts discussed in the questions.  Then deep-dive into those concepts using the ONTAP 9 documentation center, reviewing KBs, etc.
  • Focus on areas I don't have direct experience with.  In the NS0-511, I had no background on Metrocluster (my organization just doesn't use it) so I had to really get up to speed there.  With the NS0-507 I'm going to have to study FC on NetApp (we only do NFS and iSCSI) - I've done FC with HP arrays in the past, but a lot of that material will be new to me.
  • Look at the ILT classes available - I've not taken many, but I will create a study guide out of the course outline (again, focusing on areas I'm weak on).

In the end, the tests have proven to be pretty "solid" insofar as not being tricky or having dumb/poisoned questions.  The teams working on the test materials have done a great job.  My only gripe with the NS0-511 was that it had a ton of questions on SnapProtect which I really didn't expect.  I failed on my first take so I had to cram on that information - knowing full well the product was already being deprecated...

Hope that helps!

Chris

henk_ruis

Hi,

For partner compliancy, I have planned this exam for the 14th of april.

The one thing you can't study on is experience in the field (for example I do nothing with Cisco) so the study material is the only thing left.

Ps. I was preparing for the NS0-506, so I am curious what has changed in the NS0-507 exam.

As far as I can see it is updated for the ONTAP 9 version.

Regards,

Henk

GregH

Please be aware, approved training materials can only be found posted on the www.netapp.com/certification page or through NetApp Authorized Learning Partners. Seeking training material from any other source may lead to materials that compromise NetApp security and could lead to exam invalidation and being banned from the NetApp Certification Program. Please see http://www.netapp.com/us/services-support/university/certifications/security-policy.aspx#4 for details.

Greg Hyman

ghyman@netapp.com

GregH

Hi Henk,

Yes, you are correct. The main difference between NS0-506 and NS0-507 is that NS0-506 focused on clustered Data ONTAP and NS0-507 focuses on ONTAP 9.

Greg Hyman

ghyman@netapp.com

GregH

I wanted to respond to one of Gerardo's previous questions above about publishing our exam passing scores.

While NetApp has not published the passing scores for any of our exams since I joined in 2015, I did not know why this was the case. Since I received Gerardo's question, I've been doing some research regarding this as well as making some updates. The updates went live today.

I'm happy to say that we now publish our passing score along with the number of items on each exam. This information can be found on each individual certification page on www.netapp.com/certification, specifically on the Exam tab.

My apologies in the delay to my response, but I wanted to ensure that the information was live on our webpage before responding.

Greg Hyman

ghyman@netapp.com

henk_ruis

In respond to the item "passing score" there is a "new" item in the exam.

Nothing to worry about, but the exam is now splitted in two fases.

So you have to pass the first fase that exist of a few exam questions.

After that you can continue to fase two, but if you do not pass the first fase the exam will be ended and you fail the test.

Both results will count for the total score.

Passed today with a 83% score.

Regards,

GerarCR

Thanks for the explanation Greg!

Regards,

Gerardo

@GregH wrote:

Greg Hyman

ghyman@netapp.com

Public