Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

DFM Custom reports, historical data and max values

joshuah

In DFM 4.0, under the help for custom reports it states:

Choose Data Consolidation Method
Data Consolidation is a statistical technique that helps you to analyze data, available only if you choose the option Performance. You can view the average, minimum, maximum, or latest value for the metrics over a period of time.

Different consolidation methods can be viewed for the same performance field. Average is the default.

Yet, I don't see this field anywhere under the custom reports.  I'm assuming this is something that has to be done via CLI or with Performance Advisor.

What my customer wants is a report on all filers that shows cpu, network throughput, disk utilization and iops (both average and max values) over the past year.  Understanding that dfm uses averages and smoothes out peaks, is this report possible with the CLI or can this type of report be obtained with Performance Advisor?

If it can be done with the dfm cli, could someone give an example with the counters I mentioned?

Thanks,

Joshua

1 REPLY 1

pagrawal

Hi Joshuah,

You can use CLI  "dfm perf data retrieve" for seeing different metric (min, max, mean) value of counters over a period of time.

This is how you need to use the command:

dfm perf data retrieve -o <storage system id> -C system:cpu_busy  -m min -d 1000    ( where 1000 is duration in seconds)

dfm perf data retrieve -o <storage system id> -C system:cpu_busy  -m max -d 1000

if you want to specify dates instead of duration , this is how you can do :

dfm perf data retrieve -o <storage system id> -C system:cpu_busy  -m max -b ""2011-08-08 12:00:00" -e "2011-09-08 12:00:00"

Please type  "dfm perf data retrieve help"  for more information.

Thanks.

Public