Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Modifying a cDOT volume efficiency policy setting with WFA

Hi all,

does anyone know if there is a way to modify a cDOT volume efficiency policy with WFA?  Does the PowerShell command for this even exist?  To be clear, here is the equivalent CLI that I'm trying to perform in a WFA workflow:

volume efficiency modify -vserver <vsname> -volume <volname> -policy <policyname>

If there is no PowerShell command for this, does anyone have an example of running commands via SSH to a cDOT system in WFA?  Thanks!

Mike

Re: Modifying a cDOT volume efficiency policy setting with WFA

I'd take a look at Set-NcSIS

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\OnCommand Windows PowerShell Cmdlets> help set-ncsis -full

NAME

Set-NcSis

SYNOPSIS

Set up or modify SIS (dedupe) policy, schedule or options for a volume.

SYNTAX

Set-NcSis [-Name] <String> [-Schedule <String>] [-Policy <String>] [-Compression [<Boolean>]] [-InlineCompression [

<Boolean>]] [-EnableIdd [<Boolean>]] [-QuickCheckFileSize <String>] [-VserverContext <String>] [-Controller <NcCont

roller[]>] [<CommonParameters>]

Set-NcSis [-Name] <String> [-Schedule <String>] [-Policy <String>] [-Compression [<Boolean>]] [-InlineCompression [

<Boolean>]] -InfiniteVolume [-EnableIdd [<Boolean>]] [-QuickCheckFileSize <String>] [-VserverContext <String>] [-Co

ntroller <NcController[]>] [<CommonParameters>]

DESCRIPTION

Set up or modify SIS (dedupe) policy, schedule or options for a volume.

When run with the InfiniteVolume switch, the cmdlet runs asynchronously.  A job is returned.  The status of the job

can be tracked using the Job cmdlets.

There is also Set-NcSisPolicy which would modify the policy if that's the way you wanted to do it rather than updating the volume directly.

I've created a command from the existing "Create efficiency policy" called "Update efficiency policy" which uses this powershell (attached).

I've also created a command to expose the Set-NcSis and Enable-NcSis/Disable-NcSis which must be run before and Set-NcSis (to enable efficiency on the volume), It's called "Modify Volume Efficiency".

Let me know if you find it useful!

Kind Regards,

Michael Goddard.

Thanks Michael, the Modify Volume Efficiency command was exactly what I needed!