Subscribe

OnCommand Unified Manager alert/script integration?

Has anyone tried script integration with OCUM 7.1? I cannot seem to get it to work, or perhaps I have misunderstood something ...

I have uploaded a test script in Perl to the OCUM server and associated it with an alert.

I can then test this alert (click on test in the Web UI) and I receive an Alert email message from OCUM, however I don't see the output of my script anywhere. If I have understood correctly, it should be added to the body of the email message. Is that correct?

On the OCUM server system itself I can see that my script has apparently been successfully run i.e. in the file "/var/log/ocum/ocum-script.log" I see:

2017-03-07 20:42:13 [DEBUG] [ScriptExecutor-8] [AuthenticationUtils:73] - Successfully logged in for script execution.
2017-03-07 20:42:13 [INFO ] [ScriptExecutor-8] [AlertScriptService:104] - Script execution of file : all_args.pl for EventID : 282400 in progress..
$VAR1 = [
          '-eventID',
          '282400',
          '-eventName',
          'LIF Status Down',
          '-eventSeverity',
          'error',
          '-eventSourceID',
          '10056564',
          '-eventSourceName',
          'clusternodename-ic2',
          '-eventSourceType',
          'NETWORK_LIF',
          '-eventState',
          'NEW',

2017-03-07 20:42:53 [INFO ] [ScriptExecutor-8] [AlertScriptService:90] - Execution of script file : all_args.pl for EventID : 282400 completed successfully with exitcode : 0
2017-03-07 20:42:53 [DEBUG] [ScriptExecutor-8] [AuthenticationUtils:115] - Successfully logged out.

The "$VAR1 = ..." text is the output of the script, all this script does is to print out its arguments and environment.

The OCUM server is the VMware appliance platform, it was recently upgraded from version 6.2 to 7.1. Other than this issue it seems to be functioning normally.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers,

Robb.