Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Reporting on volume capacity from a specific polling time

So, I've created an adhoc volume capacity report that reports on the latest capacities.  I'm wondering on how to do a custom report on historical capacity in the reports.  I see history capacity graphs in the GUI so I know the data is there I just don't know where it is in the tablespace.. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Reporting on volume capacity from a specific polling time

UM 6.3 exposes only ‘volumerelationship*’ history views via a Database User with Role = Report Schema.
UM 6.4RC1 exposes ‘aggregatecapacityhistory*” and “volumecapacityhistory*” views where * = monthview, weekview, yearview via a Database User with Role= Report Schema.

If the view is not visible via a Database User with Role= Report Schema, it is not available to BIRT (external custom report creation application, which is not a NetApp application) to create custom reports.

The Volumerelationship* views seem to be related to snapmirror is this not correct? 

Correct, volumerelationship* views are related to volumes in data protection relationships.

Loaded up 6.4rc1 and this new volume history field is exactly what I'm looking for.. Thanks!

Excellent!  Glad to help.