2012-06-11 07:16 AM
I try to create a vfiler after I defined the root vol, a data vol and a qtree. In the vfiler create and configure command I set storage to RootVol.Name,Datavol1.name,Auditqtree1.name. WFA then throws an error unexpected token AuditQtree1.name and failed to resolve parameter AdminHostIPAddress. If I specify only the root vol the vfiler create works. However, the documentation says that you can specify several objects for the vfiler. Any help what might be the problem here is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The logs from the wfa preview are attached.
Solved! SEE THE SOLUTION
2012-06-11 08:40 AM
Here are a couple of thoughts:
1) The Create Vfiler command does not support using Qtree for the Vfiler root. This is really not a good idea regardless.
2) Are you creating the Volume and the Qtree as part of the workflow? If so then I would suggest doing it after the Vfiler Creation is complete and use the Vfiler Reference variable in the subsequent FindCharts
3) If the volume already exists then you would need to create a Add Qtree to Vfiler command since there is only one for Add Volume to Vfiler. I can help you if you need it.
Another option would be to remove the Auditqtree1.name from the list and see if that is causing issues.
2012-06-11 10:10 PM
Thanks for your thoughts.
The qtree is not used as the root vol.
The qtree and volume are created as part of the workflow. In my first try I created the vfiler first and then added the datavol. That worked. Because there was no command for adding a qtree I tried it this way. According to the reference manual it should be possible. I will try it with a command for adding a qtree to a vfiler. If you could help me with it that would be great.
2012-06-12 05:48 AM
Thank you for the clarification. If you are creating the Qtree as part of the workflow, then you can just add the Vfiler information into the Define Chart. Also is this Qtree on a volume that is not part of the Vfiler? You should be able to:
1) Create Vfiler Root Volume
2) Create Vfiler
3) Create DataVol and add the Vfiler Reference Variable (this will add the Volume to the Vfiler)
4) Create the Qtree and add the Vfiler Reference Variable (this will add the Qtree to the Vfiler). Now, the part I haven't tested is creating a Qtree in a Volume that is not owned by the Vfiler. Theoretically this should work but I haven't tested it.
The only reason you would need to create a new command is if the Qtree is not created as part of the Vfiler Creation Workflow.
2012-06-12 09:10 AM
Your steps 1-3 are similar to my workflow. I already add the vfiler information in the define chart. That works well for the data vol. Adding the qtree this way doesn't work because the volume for the qtree is not part of the vfiler and should not be part of it. So I think I will have to create the command for adding the qtree to the vfiler.
2012-06-14 06:02 AM
In case you'd like to stick to your original workflow: You can create volumes/qtrees in the workflow and then give all of them to the "Create and configure vFiler". You just need to pass the comma for the comma-seperated list as strings, so instead of using
do the following
vol1.name + "," + vol2.name
2012-06-18 04:16 AM
That's it. Thank you very much. You need to specify qtrees with their complete path name and pass the comma as you described. Now the worklow is working.