Subscribe

Ontap 8.1 simulator

[ Edited ]

Recently, I saw an email that described the 8.1 simulator availability. Where can I get this? I notice it is not available on the standard simulator download page. 

Ontap 8.1 simulator

hi,

i'm searching for the ontap 8.1 simulator, too.

or, is there a way to update the 8.0.1 --> 8.1 ?

regards,

florian

Ontap 8.1 simulator

I heard the VSIM was going to handle updates... I ran  software update from 8.0.1 to 8.1RC1 and it wrote the update to the simulated flash... version -b showed both images and the default image 8.1RC1 for next boot.  However, it was unable to boot after the update. So the update works part of the way... not sure the status of fixing it or if the method is supported.  I think we'll probably see an 8.1VSIM post eventually, but hopefully the ability to upgrade a VSIM like a regular controller is added (it appears to work partially except for the panic on reboot).

Ontap 8.1 simulator

(it appears to work partially except for the panic on reboot).

Probably the best definition of 'working partially' I've ever heard!

Re: Ontap 8.1 simulator

Haha it is funny in hindsight. It is a sim I thought I had it working.

Typos Sent on Blackberry Wireless

The software update does work in the VSIM.  However, you can't use the code from the NOW site...since we are finishing up the labs for the Insight conference I had access to the 8.1RC1 image file that is for the VSIM only...internal so can't distribute which is the bad news but the good news is it does work and identical to a real FAS controller... We should see the VSIM q_image file eventually (can't imagine it won't make it on the sim site).  Don't use the FAS q image from the main download page or it will panic on reboot but wait for the VSIM version and you'll be able to upgrade sims in place now instead of reinstalling eventually.

Any idea of a timeframe for VSIM image file for DoT 8.1 ? November, December ?

Trying to manage the impatience of my partner...

Thank you

Hey guys,

8.1 is looking awesome!  Especially the potential of Cluster-mode.

Here you go, try these links:

http://now.netapp.com/cgi-bin/simulatorlic8.cgi/download/tools/simulator/ontap/8.1/vsim-7m.zip

http://now.netapp.com/cgi-bin/simulatorlic8.cgi/download/tools/simulator/ontap/8.1/vsim-cm1.zip

You will need to hit Ctrl+C for special boot menu and choose options (4) "Clean config and initialize disks".

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Cheers.

-A-

thanks for the information.

regards,

florian

Ontap 8.1 simulator

Hi Ashley

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Any news or information on the possibility to "upgrading" Simulators like Filers with "software update/install"???

Peter