Subscribe

Re: Malformed XML exceptions ( how to handle)

and which SDK version are you using ? So that I can test and find a solution using the same SDK.

Hi Aashray,

The SDK version is 4.0.

Prasanna

Prasanna, I would recommend you download the SDK available at http://support.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/software and try out the same code. Let me know if that solves the issue.

Hi Aashray,

Thanks for the response. I shall try out with the SDK that you have pointed me to and let you know the updates.

Prasanna

Could you share with me your complete code for aggr-list-info that doesn't seem to be working.

Hi Aashray,

Thanks for the response. I need to check on the possibility of sharing the code. Will get back on this by next week. Also, I have a question w.r.t verifying the execution of the API calls with the newer version that you pointed me to. I understand that the version is SDK 5.0. Can you please let me know if verifying the API call execution with apitest.exe of SDK 5.0 is equivalent to verifying the same with 5.0 version of manageontap.jar in the java code?

Regards,

Prasanna

apitest is a command-line utility to test APIs. This utility is suitable for API users who are at the beginner's level.

Verifying with API test should be equivalent to verifying with the manageontap.jar.

Your error could be related to passing incorrect XML parameters, that's why I asked for the code. Also, you could test your APIs on ZEDI that comes as a part of the package you have. It generates complete code which should be correct. The code I gave in my first comment is a complete working one from ZEDI. So you could refer that or share your code with me so that we could solve this.

-Aashray

Hi Aashray,

Thanks for your response.

I am  Prasanna's collegue and would be taking this up further. As Prasanna had mentioned, we might not be able to share the exact piece of code, but we do have the apitest and the Z-Explorer outputs. All the APIs were run using 4.0 and 5.0 SDK versions. Please find the same attached with this post.

apitest_50_Raw Outputs.zip      - contains API outputs, run using SDK 5.0

apitest_Raw_Outputs.zip           - contains API outputs, run using SDK 4.0

ZExplorerOutputs.zip                - contains Z-Explorer outputs

For most of the APIs, the output seems to be truncated. However, for some of them, though the output seems OK, I observed the following line appended at the end:

"<results reason="debugging bypassed xml parsing" status="failed" errno="13001"/>"

Not sure what this could refer to.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Pooja

In the raw output (I opened aggr-space-list-info_raw_50.log) it stops at

allocated>2331906048</volume-al

A few suggestions...

1. Can you run a packet trace from data ONTAP (pktt start all -i X.X.X.X -d /vol/volume) where X.X.X.X is the IP address you're running apitest from and volume is replaced with an actual volume on the controller that has space to capture a packet trace.Issue the zapi with HTTP (not https as that complicates using a packet trace). Then stop the packet trace (pktt stop all). You can just use one command and one version that returns this error. Then attach here along with the output the packet trace from the controller. I'm interested to see if this is the same data that left the controller in to the network (by gathering a packet trace).
  2. I'd also caution against programmatically using just -info API calls if there are -iter & -next APIs for the same information. As the number of all resource types (volumes, aggregates, shares/exports, LUNs, whatever) on a system grows, I've seen complications arise out of only grabbing a large bucket of output with just -info when -iter and -next would be better. For this type of call (using aggr-space-list-info as an example) you'd do better to use the aggr-list-info to build an array of the aggregates and then call aggr-space-list-info for each aggregate. Please let me know if you see individually called aggregates a way to resolve this error.

Thanks coon for the quick response!

Please find the output of packet trace attached with this post.

I shall check on the usage of the APIs with corresponding -iter and -next APIs available and try to implement it the way you have suggested if not already done so.

Regards,

Pooja