Subscribe

Feedback requested for Virtual Storage Console 2.0 Users

We're looking for feedback from  customers that have downloaded Virtual Storage Console and are using it. Any and all comments and feedback welcome.

Re: Feedback requested for Virtual Storage Console 2.0 Users

The one thing that would be cool would be for a consolidated storage management so all 3 parts of vsc don't require manually adding the filers, obviously a option to have different accounts if required for those that have RBAC for each purpose.

Some sort of heartbeat to SMVI would also be good as if the service failed it can't alert you to the fact that its failed via email.

The ability to use internal certificates for the suite is also highly desired for a updated release.

Can't really comment on the actual operation, until the wrapper.exe  is updated to fix the licensing issue and the fix to the nfs license  being required for RCU to register a filer. Surprised this wasnt fixed overnight.

Other then that the 3-1 approach is certainly better then the old seperate utils.

So far so good

Maybe except the error message in the Plug-in window of the vCenter that i'm covering in a "VSC Upgrade" post.

Great to have SMVI consolidated into vSphere! Have noticed that alert emails for SMVI are generated regardless of the email setting per job. (IE, Notify on: set to Errors or Warning only still generates an email for a successful job, small bug.)

There could be some warning in the log even though backup was successful. Could you please check that? I think that is why you are getting mails.

Regards

Amrita

It could be the older version VSC 1.0 listing that error. Could you check?

Regards

Amrita

I did notice a few warn entries for things like RDM's or IDE controllers, but the job's exit as successful (not partially successful) and still generate an email. Perhaps that's just a change in logic for VSC 2.0 as those configurations where present when using SVMI on a standalone server, and emails were only recieved on warning or error. (but not about RDM or IDE controller)

When an email was generated from the old SMVI, the warning or error was also listed in the email.

VSC 1.0 was uninstalled prior to upgrading to ver 2.

We did change the logic a little bit to send messages when any warnings were logged. I guess that’s why you are getting mails. If you select just errors I think you wouldn’t get mails.

VSC 1.0 uninstall was for the other(acistmedical) post J

Regards

Amrita

When will the updated version of VSC 2.0 that fixes the bug that prevents filers from being discoverable if you don't have NFS licensed be available?

Can you update the documentation/release notes to note this issue?

I found problems with integration of VSC 2.0 in a SMT environment.

vFiler should be can managed by vFiler0 when i don't have any access by other network (like SMT environment)