Subscribe

SRA for SRM 4.1?

Does Netapp have an SRA for SRM 4.1, or are we out of luck?

Re: SRA for SRM 4.1?

Any official or unofficial news about this will be appreciated

Still no word about this???

Any news on this ? SRM 4.1 and vsphere 4.1 are out from 4 weeks now and without the SRA for SRM it's not possible to upgrade to 4.1...

SRM 4.1 has been qualified with SRA 1.4.3.

There's something official about it? I cannot find this information on VMWare or NetApp support sites.

In vmware download page for SRM 4.1 there's no NetApp SRA Available:

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/srm410/ZCVwYmRwZXdiZHdlJQ==

On the SRM  storage partner matrix there's no information related to SRA 1.4.3 with SRM 4.1..

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/srm_storage_partners.pdf

I've also double checked release notes and administration guide for SRA 1.4.3 and I've found no information about SRA 1.4.3.

Can you give me a link where where this information is officially released please?

I need to be sure that SRM 4.1 will work with NetApp SRA and is certified because we have all our DR environment running with SRM and if it will not be available it could be a big problem.

Thanks

Francesco

I believe the official message is on the way. I know for sure that QA has qualified SRA 1.4.3 with SRM 4.1. Will update when the official message is out.

I agree with Francesco, this is a deal breaker for us. I had a new datacenter installation, so I downloaded and installed the latest VMware code (4.1), only to find out that there's no officially supported SRA, and no word from NetApp about why it's not supported, when a supported one would be out. Instead of waiting indefinately without SRM working, I decided to rollback to vSphere 4.0 U2. 

The lack of an SRA at release time, or even any official word about it, has delayed our implementation of vSphere 4.1 by at least 6 months (post SRA 4.1 release), probably more like a year.

Thanks, I've to wait for the official support announcement.

Waiting to see it soon I hope

Francesco

Any official news?