VMware Solutions Discussions

Scripting a SMVI VSC Job to run

txskibum2000

I have several backups jobs I would like to script to start/run.  (Reason, is I want to move away from VSC Scheduler, to an Enterprise Sceduler (ie: OpCon, UC4, etc)). Is there a command or powershell script example I can use to start a backup job that I have created in VSC Backup and Recovery within vcenter?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pratikm

SMVI unfortunately does not have a CLI command for running scheduled jobs.  Only on-demand backups can be created from the CLI.

C:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console\smvi\cli\bin>smvi backup create -id <virtual_machine_name> -backup-name  <backup_name> [–no-vmware-snapshot] -user

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pratikm

SMVI unfortunately does not have a CLI command for running scheduled jobs.  Only on-demand backups can be created from the CLI.

C:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console\smvi\cli\bin>smvi backup create -id <virtual_machine_name> -backup-name  <backup_name> [–no-vmware-snapshot] -user

txskibum2000

This is very unfortunate.  Thank you for your response. Dale

AV77

I am facing a similar request, but using a VSC (4.2.2 for VMware). We would like to perform a backup of a VM and/or Datastore from a script. Anything can be done with VSC?

nelias1988

any news on that topic? is it possible with VSC 6.0?

Public