Subscribe
Accepted Solution

ONTAP 9.1 and ACP

Hi Folks,

Heard that with ONTAP 9.1, we no longer need ACP cabling and the SAS shelves can be managed inband. Is this specific to the shelves/ controller models being used? Do we have any documentation that backs it up? Any leads would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Anoop

Re: ONTAP 9.1 and ACP

Yes, it is specific to hardware, you need either new 12G shelves or IOM6 with sufficiently new firmware. AFAIR you cannot mix in- and out-of-band management which means that either all your shelves match in-band requirements or some shelves will be unmanaged. I do not have links to documentation handy, but I assume normal shelf installation guides should contain this information.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am unable to find this information in the installation guides. If you have some links to any docos, that would be great. I appreciate your response.

Cheers,

Anoop

It certainly is. Thanks. Appreciate your reply here.

Cheers,

Anoop

Hi

I just got a FAS6290 with IOM3 shelf and FAS8080 with IOM6 shelf and FAS9000 with IOM12 shelf in the same cluster.

And indeed, I can not setup ACP by node at Ontap9.1.

Since I already in mixed cluster, I would like to know what is this means " some shelves will be unmanaged.".  

Because I can not configure ACP, I just disable it.  Is there any risk when acp was disabled at Ontap9.1?

River.