EF & E-Series, SANtricity, and Related Plug-ins

netapp drive module i/f-6 emergecy reset

eleyzam

Good luck, I would like to consult how to factory reset a netapp drive module i/f-6 module. This belongs to a SAN that was recovered in my work and there is no way to put it in the factory, given that there are those who know that IP and sincerely see no way of being able to manage it.

It is not possible to have any console buttons or at least a default IP in case of emergency.

The module in in cuestion is the same as the image

https://files.ekmcdn.com/itinstock/images/netapp-i-f-6-drive-module-with-4-port-16gb-fc-iscsi-host-interface-e-x564802a-(1)-76459-p.jpg 

There is a guide but the questions are how to get to this telnet type menu.

GUIDE RESET 

Grateful

6 REPLIES 6

andris

This is an E-series E5600-based controller module. I'll try to move your post to the E-Series forum.

AlonsoD

I did a internet search and found the following:

https://kb.netapp.com/onprem/E-Series/Hardware/How_to_reset_an_E-Series_array_to_initial_configuration_settings_on_26xx%2C_54xx%2C_55xx%2C_27xx_and_56...

A NetApp account is necessary to view the article.

Hope this helps.

eleyzam

Thanks, but i need the console cable

my SAN is ESeries_Systems_E2600

The console cable not ta a standard USB a or b, it is more like ps/2. my S/N of module is 910406-020

eleyzam_0-1705517252709.jpeg

i Kown that this storage is very old but I can't waste the 12 tebytes what he brings.

If you can locate the cable for me, which apparently is the only way to save this device, I would appreciate it.

AlonsoD

From your original post you were asking to reset the controller and the article I linked to had instructions on how to do that through Storage Manager, which would only require network connectivity so the console cable wouldn't be necessary.

I don't know where to get the console cable from, if you have a NetApp sales representative you could contact them to see if they would be able to get a replacement console cable.

Vnichola

If you are just trying to update the IP address this can be done from the 2nd management ports on the back of the controller. They can then be configured using a cable to a laptop that is running SANtricity and then the IP addresses update. If you are also trying to reset the array this can also be done from the GUI. If it wasn't changed controller a should be 169.254.129.101 and controller B 169.254.129.102. If the 2nd management port was changed at any point then the only way to recover this is using the console connection and running through the netCfgSet Options.

Public