Subscribe
Accepted Solution

Only executing a volume creation workflow if aggregate is less than 90%

I have a workflow that creates a volume, but before it executes the volume create it checks that the aggr is below 90% full (including new volume size). I have got this MYSQL query which calculates the relevant aggregate % used:

SELECT
round(((((aggr.used_size_mb/1024)+'${DataSize}'))/(aggr.total_size_mb/1024)) *100,
0) as 'Aggr Used (%)'
FROM
storage.aggregate AS aggr,
storage.array AS array,
storage.volume as volume
where
aggr.name = '${aggr}'
and array.name = '${ArrayIP}'
and aggr.array_id = array.id
group by
aggr.name

In the create volume Advanced tab I have got it only to run if $aggrfree <=90. 

I see that as I preview the workflow it calculates the % fine, but when i hit go i get one of these 2 errors:

The value 29.0 for input $aggrfree has to be within [29] - 29 being the % full of aggregate

or

Illegal expression: $aggrfree <90 At command 'Create volume', tab 'Advanced'

Has anyone successfuly got something like this working, or see where I am going wrong?

Thanks

Re: Only executing a volume creation workflow if aggregate is less than 90%

May be because comparing decimal and interger value. See if converting decimal to integer works. I see FLOOR fuction which can be used around round function. I believe round will return decimal if argument is decimal.

Thanks, but that hasn't seemed to help.....

($aggrfree <=90). The two parentheses seems to make it work.

Attached is a workflow.

Regards

Abhi

could you re-upload the dar file, I extracted it and found 2 XML files and a META folder.

Thanks

You just need to import the .dar file. It is just a sample. You need 3.0.0 to import the .dar file.

we are running 2.2.1 as 3.0 isnt GA yet. assuming that is why WFA doesnt recognise the file(s)?

That is correct. Will give you da dar file built with 2.2.1 tomorrow.

mdaly1234,

The Advanced tab for the option: "Execute this Command : If the following expression is true" expects an MVEL expression which returns a boolean true or false to WFA. So ($aggrfree <=90) will return a booloean true if $aggrfree is <=90. So abhit's solution should work.

You can  also use the following MVEL expression which clearly states the action:

$aggrfree <= 90? true: false

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

That comes back with the same error when running from WFA:

The value 29.0 for input $aggrfree has to be within [29] - 29 being the % full of aggregate

would it be helpful for me to send you guys the workflow to see what is going on?

Thanks