Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

how to get username as in input from Get-WfaRestParameter

SHYAMVOLVO

Hi,

I am creating a workflow which will create  new user in netapp 7 mode system.

How can I display wfa logged in user  name as an input for creating new user in netapp system .

Here by I am attaching my workflow.

What exactly I want  is , how can i get wfa logged in user in the username field .

Capture.JPG

Please help

Shyam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

coreywanless

From my knowledge, you cannot do this as a user input. However, you can call the logged on user from within a command in the workflow.  The Powershell commandlet would be Get-WfaRestParameter "userName" . A good reference command would be the 'Send email' Command. That Command has a couple different calls that may be handy.

Essentially, if you wanted you could make the 'username' field optional. Then in the command if the 'username' user input variable is null or empty, you can use the logged on user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

coreywanless

From my knowledge, you cannot do this as a user input. However, you can call the logged on user from within a command in the workflow.  The Powershell commandlet would be Get-WfaRestParameter "userName" . A good reference command would be the 'Send email' Command. That Command has a couple different calls that may be handy.

Essentially, if you wanted you could make the 'username' field optional. Then in the command if the 'username' user input variable is null or empty, you can use the logged on user.

Public