Software Development Kit (SDK) and API Discussions

Is the Perl API of sdk-5.4P1 compatible with 7 mode?

chao

IHAC is testing NetApp api and raise the following questions:

they downloaded netapp-manageability-sdk-5.4P1 from NetApp official website.

they  found some differences between this new version and current version we are using for 7 mode only.

The new version introduce many new parameters.

One of them is {bindings_family}.

In the new version, when we set the server type to Filer. It will automatically bind to CLUSTER mode.

sub set_server_type ($$) {

my $self = shift;

my $type = shift;

my $port = $self->{port};

if ($type !~ /^(Filer|NetCache|Agent|DFM|OCUM)/i) {

return $self->fail_response(13001,

"in NaServer::set_server_type: bad type \"$type\"");

}

($type =~ /Filer/i) && do {

$self->{url} = "/servlets/netapp.servlets.admin.XMLrequest_filer";

$self->{bindings_family} = "CLUSTER-MODE";

};

}

This new version is supposed to be support both 7 mode and C mode.

• Is it mandatory to set the bindings_family to 7-MODE after set server type?

my $serv = NaServer->new( $hostname_of{$ident}, 1, 1 );

$serv->set_server_type($args{server_type});

$serv-> set_bindings_family (‘7-mode’); ## without this call , I can still call API for 7 mode filer even when the bindings_family=’CLUSTER-MODE’

they tried to not set it, I can still call the API for 7-mode filer.

What does bindings family do?

• Is the new perl SDK compatible with 7 mode?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

Hello,

Yes, the current version of the Perl SDK (both with and without bindings) is compatible with 7-Mode.  If they are using the new Perl API bindings, with 7-Mode, then setting the bindings_family to "7-Mode" is required along with a server type of "FILER".  If they are using the standard NMSDK Perl with 7-Mode, then simply setting the server type to "FILER" is sufficient as it does not differentiate.

Leaving the bindings family at the default "Cluster-Mode" will probably work for some/most of the APIs, but not all of them, particularly if the bindings validation is enabled.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

asulliva

Hello,

Yes, the current version of the Perl SDK (both with and without bindings) is compatible with 7-Mode.  If they are using the new Perl API bindings, with 7-Mode, then setting the bindings_family to "7-Mode" is required along with a server type of "FILER".  If they are using the standard NMSDK Perl with 7-Mode, then simply setting the server type to "FILER" is sufficient as it does not differentiate.

Leaving the bindings family at the default "Cluster-Mode" will probably work for some/most of the APIs, but not all of them, particularly if the bindings validation is enabled.

Hope that helps,

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

chao

Thanks a lot!  Customer accept it and feel happy!

Public