Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Get-NaStorageAdapterInfo for onboard ports fails with xml error

skellner_fi

I try to gather the WWPN for onboard initiators and get the following error:

PS D:\Powershell> get-nastorageadapterinfo 0a

Get-NaStorageAdapterInfo : Fehler im XML-Dokument (1,544).

Bei Zeile:1 Zeichen:25

+ get-nastorageadapterinfo <<<<  0a

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (d100bplc017.d100.intern:NaController) [Get-NaStorageAdapterInfo], Inv

alidOperationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.StorageAdapter.GetNaStorageAdapterInfo

PS D:\Powershell> get-nastorageadapterinfo 4a

AdapterDetailInfo

-----------------

DataONTAP.Types.StorageAdapter.AdapterDetailInfo

Expansion Adapters are working. I already installed the V3.0 of the toolkit. However, the error stays the same.

Does anybody know a solution or workaround for this?

2 REPLIES 2

beam

You can workaround this by using Invoke-NaSystemApi.  For example:

[3.0] 10.61.167.86> $adapterName = "0a"

[3.0] 10.61.167.86> $xml = "<storage-adapter-get-adapter-info><adapter-name>$adapterName</adapter-name></storage-adapter

-get-adapter-info>"

[3.0] 10.61.167.86> $result = Invoke-NaSystemApi $xml

[3.0] 10.61.167.86> $result

results

-------

results

You can discover the fields contained in the results like this:

[3.0] 10.61.167.86> $result.results

status                                                      adapter-details

------                                                      ---------------

passed                                                      adapter-details

[3.0] 10.61.167.86> $result.results.'adapter-details'

adapter-detail-info

-------------------

adapter-detail-info

[3.0] 10.61.167.86> $result.results.'adapter-details'.'adapter-detail-info'

adapter-name                            adapter-type                            adapter-sas

------------                            ------------                            -----------

0a                                      ADT_IF_SAS                              adapter-sas

If you don't mind, can you post the result XML (or if you prefer you can send it to me in a message) so we can debug the deserialization and hopefully get a fix into the Toolkit?

[3.0] 10.61.167.86> $result.OuterXml

Thanks!

Steven

skellner_fi

Hi Steven,

sorry it took a while. Here is the xml:

PS D:\WFA\Systemkonfiguration> $result.outerxml

<results status="passed"><adapter-details><adapter-detail-info><adapter-name>0a</adapter-name><adapter-type>ADT_IF_FC</adapter-type><adapter-fc><adapter-fc-info><adapter-model>QLogic 2532</adapter-model><hard

ware-rev>2</hardware-rev><firmware-rev>5.4.130</firmware-rev><fc-node-name>5:00a:098001:fdb640</fc-node-name><fc-packet-size>2048</fc-packet-size><fc-link-rate>8</fc-link-rate><is-ext-gbic>false</is-ext-gbic>

<is-enabled>true</is-enabled><is-in-use>false</is-in-use><is-redundant>true</is-redundant><host-port-id>0x12e00</host-port-id><adapter-bar><adapter-bar-info><bar-type>I/O</bar-type><bar-base>0</bar-base><bar-

size>256</bar-size></adapter-bar-info><adapter-bar-info><bar-type>memory mapped I/O</bar-type><bar-base>3707764736</bar-base><bar-size>16384</bar-size></adapter-bar-info></adapter-bar><adapter-sfp-info><vendo

r>AVAGO</vendor><part-number>AFBR-57D7AMZ</part-number><serial-number>AA1323A3TY4</serial-number><speed-capabilities>2, 4, 8 Gbit/Sec</speed-capabilities></adapter-sfp-info></adapter-fc-info></adapter-fc></ad

apter-detail-info></adapter-details></results>

Public