AFF

fas2552 ssd issue

Faisal1981

Dear 

one of my customers has fas2552 running on 4x 200gb ssd and other sas disk they shut down the storage and restarted as they want to shift their office but the storage ssd didnt come up and data cannot be accessed. 

the storage is EOS and we replacement the SSD with new refurb ssd but still its same we need to know if there any solution customer can get access their data or there is not option other than destroy aggregation and creating the aggregation again 

Waiting for your reply

regards 

Faisal

3 REPLIES 3

TMACMD

Those SSD units are likely on 8-10 years old. 
i just worked an upgrade with those. They had 48 failed SSD @200g. Not a thing you can do. They are old and were destined to fail at this point. Is you are replacing the SSD with “supported” third party drives (ie refurb!) make sure they are newer-ish models. The 100/200g units I’ve seen fail very predictably very quickly

SpindleNinja

Was it all of the SSDs?  There's a few 200GB drive models are affected by the below SU -

https://kb.netapp.com/Support_Bulletins/Customer_Bulletins/SU448

Faisal1981

Dear Spindleninja 

thanks for your feedback so as per suggestion and recommendation we should not install SSD 200 gb as it more than 8 yrs old and will go with higher capacity like 800 / 400/ 960 ssd and if we get these hdds and install so do you think system wil back as it was before 

waiting for your reply

regards 

Public