Configuring serial number and system ID for the second node You must perform an additional step on the second node because the storage system ID is hardcoded in the provided Simulate ONTAP image. Each Simulate ONTAP node in a cluster must have a unique System ID. Steps
1. Download and extract a second set of simulator files for the second node as described in Downloading Simulate ONTAP software on page 6.
2. Navigate to C:\Virtual Machines\vsim-DOTxxx-cm and rename the new folder as vsimcm-N2 to identify it as the second node.
3. Register the virtual machine.
4. Edit node two Virtual Machine Settings.
5. Under the Hardware tab, select the Serial Port device and rename the Use named pipe to \\.\pipe\vsim-cm-N2-cons (vsim-cm-N2 is the name of the simulator folder).
6. Under the Hardware tab, select the Serial Port 2 device and rename the Use named pipe to \\.\pipe\vsim-cm-N2-gdb