NetApp Learning Services Discussions

Revamped! NetApp Certified Data Administrator ONTAP Professional (NCDA23)

Nita5

The updated Data Administrator (NS0-163) exam is now released and available to employees, partners, and customers.

The purpose of this exam is to validate a candidate’s knowledge, skills, and ability to administer NetApp ONTAP solutions.

You will be tested on Storage Platforms, Core ONTAP, ONTAP Storage, Networking, Storage Protocols and Connectivity, Data Protection, Security, and Performance.

You should have six to twelve months of experience with NetApp ONTAP solutions including configuration, storage administration, and data management.

Nita5_0-1687281996529.png

Candidates can earn the updated NetApp Certified Data Administrator ONTAP Professional badge when they pass the exam.

Before taking this exam, although you have studied these areas you may still need occasional assistance or mentoring.

Learn More:

New Process:

Manage everything for your NetApp certification at CertCenter including your test appointments.

The new SSO process allows you to manage your records and schedule your exams all from your one CertCenter account!

Certify to Outperform.

#NetAppCertified

17 REPLIES 17

Zulhadi

Hi.. If I already scheduled for NS0-162, would be the previous question in the exam will be revamp too? Please advise.

Nita5

Hi Zulhadi,

162 only contains what was in that exam - 162 does not have any of the new questions. Our SMEs updated 162 to 163, adding the newest branding and technology applicable for today. While 162 will still get you the NCDA ONTAP certification, if your exam is scheduled more than 7 days out, I would suggest rescheduling to take 163, so you have the latest and greatest. 🙂 162 will be retiring in 90+ days; however, the certificate and badge for 162 will of course still be good for 27 months after the date you take the exam. Hope this helps!

Nita

j_drury

When will all the collateral be updated/available so we can see what topics are covered in the exam?  The same question goes for the new NS0-304 exam.

Nita5

Hi j_drury,

We are hoping to get the website updated soon, but in the meantime, here are the topics (many the same, but exam contains all new items + product updates since last release):
NCDA:
Storage Platforms
Describe knowledge of physical storage systems
Describe software-defined on-premises or cloud storage systems
Describe upgrading or scaling ONTAP clusters
Core ONTAP
Describe ONTAP system management
Describe high availability concepts
Describe Storage Virtual Machine management
ONTAP Storage
Describe logical storage features
Describe NetApp storage efficiency features
Networking
Describe network components
Demonstrate knowledge of how to troubleshoot network components
Storage Protocols and Connectivity
Describe SAN solutions
Demonstrate knowledge of how to troubleshoot SAN solutions
Describe NAS solutions
Demonstrate knowledge of how to troubleshoot NAS solutions
Describe ONTAP S3 solutions
Data Protection
Describe ONTAP data protection solutions
Identify ONTAP business continuity concepts
Demonstrate knowledge of how to troubleshoot DP solutions
Security
Describe protocol security
Describe security hardening
Describe inflight or at rest encryption
Identify anti-ransomware concepts
Performance
Describe ONTAP performance monitoring
Demonstrate knowledge of how to troubleshoot storage system performance

NCHC-AD:

Hybrid Cloud Concepts
Identify networking in Hybrid Cloud
Identify consumption models
Identify Hybrid Cloud environment
Configuration
Provision resources
Determine placement of resources
Migrate data
Automate
Automate common workflows
Use system templates
Secure and Protect
Validate IAM policies
Configure access permissions
Identify compliance requirements
Set up security policies
Manage data protection solutions for Hybrid Cloud
Monitor and Troubleshoot
Configure monitoring, alerting, and reporting
Troubleshoot Hybrid Cloud

j_drury

Thanks.  What version of ONTAP are they current to?

Nita5

Saranantony

do we have any practice exam for NS0-163 ?

Nita5

Hi Saranantony,

We don't have practice exams - but there will be exam prep sessions recorded sometime after Insight. They will all be made available on NetApp TV once they are done.  

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Nita

P.S. If you will be attending Insight, you can attend a prep session live before taking an exam for FREE at Insight.

Nita5

Update: I spoke with my team and we decided to produce practice exams. Stay tuned...

thinkfastdev

Sure would like access to any and all prep material that's available! I plan to take this exam next week at Insight, would like to be as prepared as possible.

Nita5

You can find a list of prep materials here: https://www.netapp.com/support-and-training/netapp-learning-services/certifications/ontap-data-administration/

As well as cert prep sessions at Insight.

Remember, you can take as many exams as you want at Insight - if you worry that you won't pass 163, register for both 163 and 162, take 163 first, then if you don't pass, take 162.

Zulhadi

Hi Nita,

Just want to confirm with you on NCDA exam. If I want to schedule the NCDA exam in December 2023, is it the exam code NS0-162 still can choose? I ask about it because when I check the PearsonVue website, the NS0-162 still available and can still arrange for the exam? Please advise on this matter?

Nita5
Hi Zulhadi,

No, please use certification exam #NS0-163. NS0-162 will be retiring end of December, 2023.

Thank you for your question!
Nita

Nita Brozowski
Certification Program Manager
NetApp Learning Services
Mobile: +1 (925) 542-1863

[Text Description automatically generated with medium confidence]

Nita5

Hi Zulhadi,

Yes, you can still choose NS0-162, but hurry! The end date for this exam is December 31, 2023, so you have to take the exam before that date.

Zulhadi

Hi Nita,

Thank for your response. So, i'm still able to choose the NS0-162 before end of this december right? About the expiration of this cert after successful exam NS0-162, still same as other cert/exam which is 24 month?

Nita5

Oh, and it will remain at 27 months until the cert expires!

Nita5

Hello again - Yes, you will need to schedule and take 162 before 31-December. 

Public