Network Storage Protocols Discussions

Quotas for CIFS

stanleyj42

Is it possible to assign quotas to AD groups for CIFS shares?

We have a FAS3270 and are in th process of migrating our file server over to it and I am having trouble figuring how to take and AD group and assign the users say 300mb limits for the share.  Everything i have read leads me to believe it can be done but i have founding nothing showing how.  The netapp is joined to AD and i can add users and groups to the shares.  Just not the quotas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

peter_lehmann

It is not possible with the "built-in" quota functionality, there are 3rd party tools to help with (but $$$)...

You can use a "workaround" by creating a qtree per share and then set the tree-quota to the limit you want.

Hope this helps.

Peter

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

peter_lehmann

It is not possible with the "built-in" quota functionality, there are 3rd party tools to help with (but $$$)...

You can use a "workaround" by creating a qtree per share and then set the tree-quota to the limit you want.

Hope this helps.

Peter

View solution in original post

radek_kubka

Hi,

Have you seen this thread by any chance?

http://communities.netapp.com/message/8318#8318

Regards,

Radek

stanleyj42

thanks radek.  That post was excatly like my scenerio.  Unfortunatly it confirmed that i cannot use the netapp to place quotas on AD groups.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public