Network and Storage Protocols

What change must bedone on netapp filer if AD domain admin passwd changes

JEROME_CABANES

Hello,

as i'm quite newby on NetApp Filers advanced configuration, i open that question to know if there is any action to do if the ADdomain administrator password changes. I do not think that there is a special action to provide but i wanted to be sure and avoid any mistake once the password will be changed.

Since this password can be used during the cifs setup and is used to record the filer in the AD CN domain, i think there is no further action even if the ad domain admin password changes.

Since the filer is already recorded in the CN in the domain controlers i think there is no need to change something.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JEROME_CABANES

Hello,

i just had the confirmation fromnetapp support that there is NO need to change anything in the CIFS setup while domain admin password has been changed. So no need to change the admin user with privileges in the CIFS setup.

Thanks a lot to NetApp tech support for there spped to answer.

Kind regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JEROME_CABANES

Hello,

i just had the confirmation fromnetapp support that there is NO need to change anything in the CIFS setup while domain admin password has been changed. So no need to change the admin user with privileges in the CIFS setup.

Thanks a lot to NetApp tech support for there spped to answer.

Kind regards

kodavali

domain admin password change will not effect CIFS server. Admin password is only need while joining to AD. Once the computer account is created a corresponding account password will be created and will be authenticated by the computer account password when ONTAP contacts AD.

JEROME_CABANES

hello Kodavali,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Kind regards

Public