I cannot find any actual information or documentation on an exact procedure of how you can migrate from a switched environment (currently connected to a CN1610 using 4 x 10GbE ports per node (slot 2)) to a switchless cluster using e3a and e3b (100GbE connections).
I have created my own instruction, which seems like it might work, but if anyone has done this procedure already and has something better, or can verify what I plan to do that would be great.
This is how I am thinking to do it. I used the switched to switchless document as a reference, but since it is showing examples for like for like (10GbE to 10GbE and 4 ports to 4 ports), it doesn't answer this specific scenario. I want to go from 4 10GbE to 2 100GbE ports)
Here is the meat of the instruction
1. Connect 100GbE cables from node1 port e3a to node2 port e3a and from node1 port e3b to node2 e3b.
2. Verify that ports e3a and e3b are connected
network port show -port e3a
network port show -port e3b
3. Remove ports e3a and e3b from any broadcast domains that are not Cluster
4. Add e3a and e3b to Cluster ipspace and Cluster broadcast domain for each node
network port broadcast-domain add-ports -ipspace Cluster -broadcast-domain Cluster -ports node1:e3a,node1:e3b,node2:e3a,node2:e3b
network port show -ipspace Cluster (you should see all existing cluster ports + e3a and e3b)
5. Verify that auto-revert is enabled on all cluster LIF and enable it if not (don't think this step should be needed, since I will manually be reverting them later
6. Verify that all ports are currently home
network interface show -vserver Cluster -fields is-home
7. Verify that detection of switchless clusters is enabled
network options detect-switchless-cluster show
network options switchless-cluster show (should currently be false)
Migrate switch 1 connections
8. Temporarily migrate node1_clus1 to port e2d and node2_clus1 to port e2d
Since you switching from 4 port to 2 ports, you can migrate the lif hosted on the two extra ports to the other ports so you would have two different cluster network interface on each port and then proceed switching to switchless cluster.
That is the document that I used as a guide for my instructions. Thanks for adding it...I meant to. Thing is, it still does not explain how to do what I am trying to do. As I mentioned it has examples for 2 x 10GbE ports switched to 2 x 10GbE ports switchless and 4 x 10GbE ports switched to 4 x 10GbE ports switchless. I don't see any instructions for 4 x 10GbE ports switched to 2 x 100GbE switchless.