Network and Storage Protocols

Avoid prompt for user name and password for users without any share and security rights?

ZD

Hello,

On the old 7-mode FAS 2240, when creating a CIFS shared folder, I removed the default share 'Everyone' and added a specific user or group with some share rights. I also add that same user to Security Rights on the same folder with full rights.

A user with granted rights normally has access to the share folder while other users who do not have any access rights receive the message 'you do not have permission to access \\ folder\' which is acceptable to me.
I do not want any prompt for user name and password for users without any share and security rights.

With the new ontap 9 FAS 2750 cluster system, when creating a shared folder, I do the same, first remove the default share 'Everyone' and assign share and security rights to one specific user.
The problem is that other users who do not have any share and security rights when trying to access get a prompt for user name and password.

I noticed when I add again in the share rights 'Everyone' / read then other users without rights do not have a credential prompt?

Now I have the option to leave 'Everyone' / change rights on the share rights and then continue to deal with security rights, but in the old 7-mode I could do without adding 'Everyone' rights?

I don't want other users without any share and security rights to be asked for a username and password when trying to access a shared folder and i don't want add 'Everyone' rights?

The environment is Microsoft AD, SVM for CIFS is associated with the AD domain and we do not have any other access issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY 1
Public