Network and Storage Protocols

CD command not found (ssh session from putty)

bobby_gillette

I think I'm losing my mind... I can't do a CD command but I can use ls/df/etc... bush league I know, just need a reminder as to what's going on.

Thanks!

Bobby

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ryan_foster

Hi Bobby,

If i'm interpreting your question correctly,  CD is not a valid command on the Netapp CLI but df and ls are.   If your using unix you can mount the volume and use cd as if you are accessing any other directory on the server, alternatively the cd command is available on the CLI via the java shell but wouldn't recommend using this unless you are comfortable with the commands.       

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ryan_foster

Hi Bobby,

If i'm interpreting your question correctly,  CD is not a valid command on the Netapp CLI but df and ls are.   If your using unix you can mount the volume and use cd as if you are accessing any other directory on the server, alternatively the cd command is available on the CLI via the java shell but wouldn't recommend using this unless you are comfortable with the commands.       

bobby_gillette

Any idea which JRE will work with the Java client? (I assume you're referring to the one available via link in FilerView)...

lukasz_borek

Nope, access filer from command line :

filerA> java netapp.cmds.jsh
jsh> ls
etc
home

bobby_gillette

I'll give that a try... thanks Lukas!

ekashpureff

You might want to use the Java shell with care.

Rumor has it there's a memory bleed, and that leaving the Java shell open may cause a kernel panic.

The supported method to browse the file systems is to do an NFS export or CIFS share...

I hope this response has been helpful to you.

At your service,

Eugene E. Kashpureff
ekashp@kashpureff.org
NetApp Instructor and Independent Consultant
http://www.linkedin.com/in/eugenekashpureff

(P.S. I appreciate points for helpful or correct answers.)

Public